The Master of Health Science program admits students on a rolling basis. Students are considered for admission when all of their admission documents have been submitted to the Enrollment Processing Center. Anyone with a pending application packet that is not complete by the deadline will be automatically rolled over into the admission cycle for the next term.
The Office of Admissions processes applications on a rolling admission basis throughout the year. Applicants can apply for admission for any one of four starting dates during any academic year: January, April, July, and September. Each term runs for 12 weeks. Admission deadlines for submitted application and required document are as follows:
Term Deadline Course dates
Spring 2018- March 1, 2018 - (4/2-6/24)
Summer 2018 - June 1, 2018 - (6/25-9/16)
Fall 2018 - August 15, 2018 - (9/24-12/16)
Winter 2019 - December 1, 2018 - (1/2-3/24)
Before the applicant can be reviewed for possible admission, the following must be submitted:
- Completed MHSc application form
- $50 non-refundable application fee
Send transcripts and all required documents to:
Nova Southeastern University
Enrollment Processing Services
3301 College Avenue
P.O. Box 299000
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33329-9905
- Official and final transcripts from all previously attended undergraduate, professional, and graduate institutions of higher learning. Conferral degree and conferral date must be on the transcript(s) from where you earned a degree.
- All coursework from international institution(s), Applicant is responsible for contacting one of the evaluation services listed here. The evaluation must be course by course including a cumulative GPA The official evaluation must be sent directly from the evaluation service to the NSU EPS address shown above for all documents:
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 415070
Milwaukee, WI 53203
- World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
- Copy of national allied health professional certification or licensure, if applicable.
- Copy of current state licensure, registration or certification.
- Copy of BLS, ACLS, PALS and ATLS certificates (if applicable)
- Two "Evaluation Forms" from a supervising physician or manager. These forms are supplied in the application package from the program. Additional letters may be requested by the program after initial review of application if so warranted.
Non-clinical applicants (health administrators) only- must also include a letter of recommendation from a supervisor describing their position in the organization and the scope and duration of their responsibility, a personal statement describing their career goals, and an organizational chart. (This is not required for clinically licensed, registered, or certified applicants or for public health practitioners with an MPH). Clinically-qualified applicants should include a copy of their registration, certification and/ or licensure.
- An up to date resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Personal interview with Committee on Admissions MAY be required in some cases. Phone interview and/or advisement may be substituted upon approval.
To be submitted directly to program upon admissions:
Copy of current personal health care / medical insurance policy or original coverage letter. All students must provide for their own medical care. The program assumes no responsibility for injury or illness while enrolled in the program. Each student is required to carry adequate personal medical and hospitalization insurance. Students may avail themselves of the hospitalization insurance plan obtainable through the University if qualified.
A maximum of 6 hours may be transferred from other graduate level training programs. NSU will transfer a maximum of 6 semester credits toward the 37 hour MHSc degree. Transfer credits are evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Students are notified of transfer status after all official transcripts from previous colleges and universities are evaluated. A syllabus for each course you want to be evaluated for transfer credit must be provided to the Program Director after Acceptance to the MHSc Program.