The application deadline is April 1 for both the B.S in Medical Sonography and the combined B.S in Medical Sonography and Master of Health Science.
Applicants for admission must submit or be responsible for submission of
- A completed application along with a $50, nonrefundable application fee.
- Two letters of evaluation from individuals (other than relatives) such as academic advisors, professors, clinical or non-clinical supervisors, or community associates.
- Official college transcripts, certificates, and/or diploma-based transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended, sent directly from the institution to the Enrollment Processing Services (EPS).
- Copies of national and/or state professional certification, licensure, or registration, if applicable.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (if applicable), sent directly to NSU’s EPS.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV).
- Evaluation of coursework taken at a foreign institution for US institutional equivalence (if applicable).
Foreign coursework must be evaluated by one of the following services:
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 415070
Milwaukee, WI 53203
A student-prepared learning portfolio requesting assessment of prior experiences for academic credit (only for graduates from programs other than those from regionally accredited colleges or universities)
All admissions information should be sent to:
NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY
Enrollment Processing Services (EPS)
College of Health Care Sciences
Medical Sonography Admissions
3301 College Avenue
P.O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33329-9905
Phone: (954) 262-1101 * Fax: (954) 262-2282
The Office of Admissions works on a rolling admissions basis. Applications are accepted year round. To ensure that your application receives prompt consideration, you should apply early.
The Committee on Admissions will not consider an application until all required fees, credentials, transcripts, and test scores have been received by the EPS.
The university reserves the right to modify any requirements on an individual basis as deemed necessary by the dean of the College of Health Care Sciences.
The college reserves de right, and the student (by his or her act of matriculation) concedes to the college the right, to require his or her withdrawal any time the college deems it necessary to safeguard its standards of scholarship, conduct, and compliance with regulations, or for such other reasons as are deemed appropriate.
The dean and medical sonography program director reserve the right to require the student's withdrawal at anytime for the above-mentioned reasons.
For military training programs, the recommendation contained in the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Forces from the American Council on Education, will be used to evaluate such training for credit transfer. Examples include Combat Casualty and Flight Medicine courses of training.
*Concurrent Master of Health Science option