Make the Most of the Dash/Ashley Kaye Hess Changing Lives Scholarship
Overview: This scholarship is provided in memory of Ashley Kaye Hess, who was a treasured part of the NSU SLP Student body in 2015-2016. Many people knew and loved Ashley Kaye Hess, a cheerleader, dancer, and NSU speech-language pathology master’s candidate, before she was killed in a tragic car accident on May 14, 2016 at the age of 28.
The award shall be used only to provide tuition assistance toward courses in the NSU MS-SLP program.
Award Amount: $1,000
Deadline: March 31
Students who apply for this scholarship must be enrolled in the MS-SLP program and:
- Have completed at least 12 graduate credits in the MS SLP program
- Be enrolled at one of the Florida campuses
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Be in good academic and professional standing at NSU and PCHCS
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism, leadership, initiative, and personal achievement
- Be willing to participate in community service events offered by NSU MS-SLP program at least once per semester for a period of 3 semesters.
- The award shall be used only to provide tuition assistance toward courses in the NSU MS-SLP program.
Contact Information: Dr. Tambi Braun, CCC/SLP, Associate Professor, (954) 262-7746, email@example.com
Additional Information: Award will be announced on May 14 each award year