STEP ONE: Secure Housing
- Fort Lauderdale/Davie: The NSU Housing Office has worked to secure flexible leases at competitive pricing with University Pointe. Please refer to the attachment in this email for further information or the following link: https://healthsciences.nova.edu/studentaffairs/images/housingnotice.pdf
- Regional Campuses: We are still working with the regional campuses to secure flexible leases and pricing in respect to each campus area. Many complexes are willing to work with students on an individual, student-by-student/lease-by-lease basis. Please refer to the housing webpage for listings: https://nsu.och101.com/.
- Davie/Fort Lauderdale Undergraduate Students: please visit the Undergraduate Housing Information link for information on main campus housing.
- Regional Campus Students: please click on your specific program's link (at left) or see the link below for information on off-campus housing options in your region.
- All Students may find this Online Apartment Finder helpful.
STEP TWO: Obtain NSU Login ID & Email Account
Please set up your NSU Identity prior to attending Orientation. Students may obtain their SharkLink IDs and email account credentials by visiting us here.
STEP THREE: Complete Background Checks (A few weeks before Orientation, you will receive an e-mail from Castle Branch Customer Service with a personal link to set up your account)
Accepted applicants and students are required to authorize the Health Professions Division to obtain background checks. Please note that incoming students must complete the online background check documentation prior to Orientation.
A few weeks prior to your program orientation, information regarding the background check procedure and immunization requirements will be sent via NSU student email, so please set up your student email account as soon as possible (see Step Two above). You will receive an instructional email closer to Orientation, followed by the invitation from Castle Branch customer service.
In the interim, please download the Physical Exam Form and the Immunization Form below in order to begin the process. NOTE: PHYSICAL THERAPY - FORT LAUDERDALE STUDENTS - DO NOT COMPLETE YOUR TB AND PHYSICAL UNTIL JUNE. REFERENCE YOUR PROGRAM SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS VIA THIS LINK.
Contact Jeffrey Jurkas at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. If you have any difficulty setting up your account or logging in, please contact Castle Branch at (888) 723-4263.
STEP FOUR: Complete Your Immunizations and Physical Exam & Upload the Forms (Complete the Background Check at the same time)
All incoming students must have a thorough physical examination prior to the first day of classes*. Please review the Immunization Guidelines.
To complete this process:
- Have your physician fill out the Physical Exam Form
- And have your physician fill out the Immunization Form
- Submit both of these forms by uploading them to Castle Branch located at https://www.castlebranch.com/. Remember you must have an account set up with your background check (see Step Three above) to be able to upload your documents.
The immunizations listed above on the Immunization Form are required of all students in the Health Professions Division based on the current Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations for Health Care Personnel. Every student is required to have completed these immunizations listed above before matriculating into Nova Southeastern University*. Failure to comply with this policy may result in the student’s inability to satisfy the requirements for graduation from their academic program.
* Physical Therapy - Fort Lauderdale students: refer to your program for specific immunization and physical dates and deadlines.
Please note: DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. YOU MUST KEEP A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS. If you are unable to access a scanner, please take a High-Definition photo of your documents with your phone, or use the Castle Branch Iphone App.
STEP FIVE:If Applicable, Complete Your Insurance Waiver (Go online to the link below to complete this before attending Orientation, your program must have you registered for classes before you can complete this waiver online)
The Health Professions Division is concerned for the health and welfare of its students. As a result, all full-time Health Professions Division students at Nova Southeastern University are required to carry adequate health insurance coverage. If you carry your own insurance, you will need to fill out the waiver form, located in the link below. If you fail to complete the online waiver you will be automatically billed and enrolled in the plan endorsed by NSU. For detailed information on the plan, benefits, and cost please visit the Student Health Insurance Waiver Application.
STEP SIX: Student Enrollment Agreement (SEA)
All students at Nova Southeastern University will be required to complete the new Student Enrollment Agreement (SEA). The SEA requires students to agree to NSU standards and policies regarding course registration and withdrawal, financial responsibility, a release of liability, and more.
To complete this requirement, log in to SharkLink and select My Academics on the left panel. Next, on the right side, under the I Would Like To section, select Registration - Add/Drop/SEA to read and complete the SEA form online. For questions about the Student Enrollment Agreement, visit www.nova.edu/registrar or call the Office of the University Registrar at (954) 262-7200.