The Ph.D. Office of Admissions will admit students for the fall and winter semesters. All final documentation must be received at least 30 days prior to tentative enrollment.
Term Deadline Course Dates
- Fall 2020 semester - July 20, 2020 - (8/19 - 12/13)
- Winter 2021 - November 24, 2020 - (1/4 - 5/2)
Before the applicant can be reviewed for possible admission, the following must be submitted:
- A completed application form along with a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official GRE scores sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS).
- Official transcripts sent directly from all previously attended professional and graduate institutions
Send the official GRE scores and official transcripts to:
Nova Southeastern University
Enrollment Processing Services
College of Health Care Sciences Admissions
3301 College Avenue, P.O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33329-9905
- An evaluation for U.S. institutional equivalence for all coursework from international institution(s), if applicant attended or is a graduate of any international institution(s)
Coursework taken at a foreign institution must be evaluated for U.S. institution equivalence by an approved National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) organization, such as one of the services listed below.
World Education Services
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
Old Chelsea Station
New York, New York 10274-5087
Josef Silny & Associates.
7101 SW 102nd Avenue
Miami, Florida 33173
(305) 273-1338 (fax)
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203-3470
It is the applicant's responsibility to have this coursework evaluated. An official course-by-course evaluation with a cumulative grade point average must be sent directly from the evaluation service to Nova Southeastern University, Enrollment Processing Services, College of Health Care Sciences, Department of Health Science Admissions, 3301 College Avenue, P.O.Box 299000, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33329-9905.
- A complete resume or CV
- Copies of state, national, and professional certifications or licenses recognized by certifying bodies.
- Two letters of recommendation supporting that the applicant possesses the aptitude and determination to complete this course of study. The letters should originate from professional colleagues/supervisors or from course instructors at the last school attended.
- One writing sample that reflects masters or doctoral level original work.
- A written statement describing the applicant's interest in: pursuing a Ph.D. in Health Science, past research experiences, dissertation research interests, and career goals.
- Personal interview with Ph.D. Committee on Admissions (telephonic or Skype interview is accepted based on the applicant's needs).
Non-clinical applicants (health administrators) must also include a letter of recommendation from a supervisor describing their position in the organization and the scope and duration of their responsibility, a personal statement describing their career goals, and an organizational chart. (this is not required for clinically licensed, registered, or certified applicants or for public health practitioners with an MPH). Clinically-qualified applicants should include a copy of their registration, certification and/ or licensure.
Important Note: You must be accepted to the program no later than 21 days prior to the start of a semester in order to register for classes in that particular semester. If not, you will be placed on the accepted student list, but will not be able to start courses in that particular semester. In any case, you must register for your course no later than 14 days prior to the start of the course in any semester.
The Ph.D. Committee on Admission will not consider an application until all required fees, credentials, exam scores, transcripts, and documents are received by the Committee on Admissions.
Students matriculated in the Ph.D. program may petition for transfer of credits to the program. Up to and not to exceed eight credit hours may be considered for transfer from a regionally accredited doctoral program of study and only if the transferred courses meet the goals and objectives of the course in question.