The Occupational Therapy doctoral programs select students based on cumulative GPA, interviews and personal statements, letters of recommendation, and potential for success in the program.
- applicants must have a minimum cumulative master’s degree or a professional doctoral GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- graduate-level research methods course
- master's degree
- Applicants must have a bachelor's or master's degree in occupational therapy from a regionally accredited or internationally recognized university or college and be eligible to practice within one year of initiating the program. If the applicant's bachelor's degree is in occupational therapy, then the applicant's master's degree may be in any field.
- International applicants must present the equivalent of a bachelor's degree and evidence of successful completion of an O.T. educational program approved by WFOT. Coursework taken at foreign institutions must be evaluated for U.S. institution equivalence by an approved National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) organization, such as one of the services listed below.
- World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 415070
Milwaukee, WI 53203
It is the applicant's responsibility to have the course work evaluated. An official course-by-course evaluation with a cumulative grade point average must be sent directly from the evaluation service to NSU's Enrollment Processing Services.
- International applicants also must take the test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and obtain a score of 550 or higher for written or 213 or higher for the computer-based test.
- All students will be required to have a computer that meets the recommended minimum specifications
The dean is empowered to evaluate the total qualifications of every applicant and to modify requirements in unusual circumstances.
For more information, please contact Rebecca Johnson, Assistant Director Graduate Admissions (954) 262-1111 or email@example.com