Nova Southeastern University participates in the Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service, known as OTCAS
. OTCAS may take up to six weeks verifying supporting documents. Therefore, early application is highly recommended.
|OTCAS Application Deadline
||March 1, 2021
|NSU Supplemental Application Deadline
||April 1, 2021
Note: NSU’s O.T.D. program uses a rolling admissions model where applicants are reviewed in the order that their completed application packets and supporting documents are received. As a result, applicants are encouraged to submit their application as early in the application cycle as reasonable.
- Two-Part Application Process
- Once your OTCAS application has been verified and received by Nova Southeastern University, an e-mail with a link to the NSU supplemental application will be sent to you. Please follow the instructions to complete and submit the NSU supplemental application and fee by the specific deadline. Please note, applications cannot be reviewed until both the OTCAS application and the NSU supplemental application have been completed and received. All data submitted in support of this application become the property of the university and cannot be returned. It is your responsibility to inform the university of any changes in address or telephone number.
- Video Essay
- Upon receipt of the verified application packet from OTCAS, the NSU supplemental application, and applicable fees, the Committee on Admissions will review the applicant's file and select applicants for a video essay. Those selected will be notified in writing with instructions for submission of a video essay. An invitation to complete the video essay should not be construed by the applicant as evidence of acceptance. Notice of acceptance or other action by the Committee on Admissions will be on a "rolling" or periodic schedule.
- Character Review/Early Determination
- Graduates of the Nova Southeastern University entry-level Doctor of Occupational Therapy Program are eligible to apply to take the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy Board Exam ® (NBCOT). Applicants should be aware that a character review is part of the certification process. Prospective or enrolled students who have a disciplinary record with law enforcement are encouraged to utilize the Early Determination review to learn if they will be eligible to sit for the exam once they have completed all other eligibility requirements. Please go to NBCOT Early Determination Review for more information on how to request a review. A felony conviction/charge may affect a graduate’s eligibility to sit for the NBCOT exam and/or apply for state licensure.
Policy of Non-Discrimination
Nova Southeastern University admits students of any race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying disability, religion, or national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school, and does not discriminate in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.