The Blended Learning Transformation Institute provides a structured opportunity for faculty to acquire the skills to transform a course from traditional to blended learning format under the direction of seasoned blended learning instructors. The course is delivered in a format that allows participants to become immersed in a blended learning classroom. Upon completion of the course, participants will have created a blended learning course re-design plan for a course including learning and teaching strategies and student assessment that align with course objectives.
- Apply the Community of Inquiry (CoI) framework to the design of a blended course.
- Incorporate blended learning best practices into the design of a blended course, including:
- Blending online and F2F experiences for one integrated course
- Restructuring class time into OL and F2F without overloading the course
- Designing learning experiences based on learning objectives
- Creating social, teaching, and cognitive presence in the blended course
- Select and design appropriate interactive tools for the blended course including games, cases, videos, discussions, and lectures
- Select and implement appropriate student assessments that align with learning objectives