The academy was established to support all staff members in the advancement of their professional skills and ongoing, intentional professional development. Participants will be considered graduates of the academy after the completion of the 7-week course.
The Academy content will include differentiation of self-perception and the perceptions of others, as well as the optimal presentation of self and presentation skills, the production and consumption of résumés and cover letters, including form and content.
- Demonstrate basic and advanced administrative skills
- Apply leadership principles to staff roles
- Identify professional skills for the workplace
Topics to be covered:
- Personal and professional goal setting
- Personal and organizational values
- Communication and leadership skills
- Creating and conducting presentations
- Cultivating strong coworker relationships and team building
- Enhancing resume and cover letter writing
- An award of $250.00, following the completion of an application, stipulating the following:
- The benefit of professional development activities that you have been engaged in
- Plan for integrating the knowledge in new ways
- Evidence of positive outcomes in your department as a result of your new knowledge
- Professional goals
- A Fellow will be limited to one submission within a five-year period. Multiple submissions from any single individual must include updated professional goals and evidence of the implementation of a new professional development initiative.
Robert McCalla, MSL
Professional Development Manager
Dr. Pallavi Patel College of Health Care Sciences