Level 1 – Complete one Academy course but is not inducted into CAPE. CAPE membership allows the participant to serve on a committee, take additional courses, and assist with an academy course vote
Level 2 – Completed two courses from all course choices. Inducted into the CAPE Academy, which allows the participant to teach a CAPE course, vote, serve as an officer or member of the executive council and be committee chair or member.
Level 3 – Shows additional evidence of professional development activity, beyond Academy induction. This involvement will lead to qualifying for the Level 4 Fellowship. The Fellowship Committee will assess participation.
Professional development activities include:
- Journal Club leadership ( 3x minimum)
- Workshop, seminar, or presentation on Academy related topic
- Executive Council committee work
- Executive Council office
- Publication on Academy related topic since induction
- Training of other faculty in Academy related topic (3 hour minimum)
- Teaching in an Academy Course
- Best Practices leadership
- Course development for an Academy
- State or national presentation on an Academy related topic
- Other Council approved activity
– Fellowship. A candidate must complete membership levels one to three to be considered for a fellowship.