The Step Into Research course will assist faculty who have minimal research experience or research education, to acquire introductory-level knowledge about research design, methods, concepts, and internal funding. This course will provide participants with the basic skills necessary to design a research study, submit for internal grant funding, and execute and complete a study.
- Explore and discuss possible research topics in a participant’s respective discipline
- Formulate a research question from an idea
- Explore and identify the best databases for finding discipline-specific evidence
- Use established processes to ask and answer a clinical question
- Understand basic research methodology and statistical analyses pertaining to research
- Discuss the published scales for analyzing articles
- Demonstrate competence in critiquing intervention, diagnostic, prognostic, systematic review, clinical practice guidelines, outcome measures, and qualitative studies