Dr. Rappa graduated in 1991 from the University of Padua, located in northern Italy, where he obtained his Doctor of Medicine and Surgery degree. He acquired his training at the Polyclinic of Padua (Policlinico).
In 1995, he was appointed an Associate Professor in the College of Osteopathic Medicine at Nova Southeastern University, Department of Anatomy.
In 1997, he joined the faculty of the NSU Physician Assistant program in Fort Lauderdale, and held the position of Academic Director there until he joined the Jacksonville program in 2009. He was named Faculty Member of the Year in 2000 by the first year PA students.
Dr. Rappa is a member of numerous program committees, and has chaired the Curriculum Committee since 2000. He has developed and implemented two courses that have become integral parts of the program's curriculum.
- Article Reviewer for the Internet Journal of Allied Health and Practices,
- Nova Southeastern University, College of Health Care Sciences
- American Association of International Physicians
- Association of Educators in Radiological Sciences
- Florida Academy of Physician Assistants
- Order Sons of Italy in America