The Master of Science in Anesthesia program has partnered with the Central Application Service for Anesthesiologist Assistants (CASAA), to collect and manage applications to the Anesthesiologist Assistant Program. CASAA applications are accepted beginning June 15th of the preceding year until February 15th of the matriculating year. The Fort Lauderdale NSU AA program matriculates students each May.
Following completion of the CASAA applications, prospective students must complete an NSU application to be considered for admission to the program. The NSU application is available beginning July 15th of the preceding year until March 15th of the matriculating year. Completed NSU applications without a completed CASAA application will not be considered.
The Admissions Committee begins interviews as early as September of the preceding year. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as the CASAA application opens to afford the best opportunity to receive an interview.
CASAA Application Procedures
To apply, please follow the instructions outlined below.
- Visit our page on the CASAA website for details about our program and application requirements. Complete an online application for admission through CASAA.
- Please follow the instructions on the CASAA site regarding the submission of documents.
NSU Application Procedures
Applicants for admission must submit or be responsible for submission of the following:
- completed application with a $50.00 non-refundable application fee. Applications are accepted from July 15 of the preceding year to March 15 of the matriculating year.
- three evaluation forms from supervisors or colleagues, clinical or nonclinical
- official transcripts sent directly from all previously attended undergraduate, graduate, or professional institutions
- all coursework from international institution(s) if applicant attended or is a graduate of any international institutions
Applicant is responsible for contacting and contacting one of the NACES services, such as one of the evaluation services listed below. The program accepts only course-by-course evaluations. The official course-by-course evaluation must be sent directly from the evaluation service to the Enrollment and Processing Service at the university.
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 415070
Milwaukee, WI 53203
- complete resume or curriculum vitae
- Graduate Record Examination scores
- copies of national professional certifications or licenses by a recognized certifying body (if applicable)
Application documentation must be sent to
Nova Southeastern University
Enrollment Processing Services (EPS)
College of Health Care Sciences
Master of Science in Anesthesia Admissions
3301 College Avenue
P.O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33329-9905
Phone: (954) 262-1101
Fax (954) 262-2282
- summary of an article published in a current anesthesia journal-form supplied in the application package
- evidence of eight hours of documented anesthesia exposure
The Committee on Admissions will not consider an application until all required fees, credentials, transcripts, and evaluations have been received by the EPS.