The exercise and sport science program will:
- Meet standards and guidelines of academic non-profit organizations such as the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), the International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN) and the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
- Prepare graduates to sit for professional certification examinations in exercise and fitness from the NSCA, ISSN, ACSM, NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) and/or ACE (American Council on Exercise).
- Prepare graduates for post-graduation placement in graduate school, a professional school, or entry-level employment within six months of completing the degree program.
- Develop competent scholars, researchers, physical activity, and sport specialists to meet the workforce needs of a global society.
- Prepare graduates to enhance delivery of physical activity, sport, and rehabilitative services for all segments of society, including special populations such as children and the elderly; persons with disability, injury, and disease; and athletes.
Exercise and Sport Science Major Curriculum