Manuscripts are arranged by Faculty name. Students are highlighted in yellow.
Jose Antonio PhD
- Antonio J, Ellerbroek A. Case Reports on Well-Trained Bodybuilders: Two Years on a High Protein Diet. Journal of Exercise Physiology 2018;21(1):14-24. https://www.asep.org/index.php/resources/jep-online/
- Jose Antonio. High protein diets in trained individuals. Research in Sports Medicine. 2018 Sep 22:1-9. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15438627.2018.1523167
- Antonio J. The relationship between BMI and Body Composition in Exercise-Trained Men and Women. Journal of Exercise and Nutrition. 2018. Vol 1(Issue 1). https://www.jexercisenutrition.com
- Jose Antonio, Cara Axelrod, Anya Ellerbroek, Cassandra Carson, Victoria Burgess, Tobin Silver, Corey A Peacock. The effect of peanut butter overfeeding in trained men and women: a pilot trial. Journal of Exercise and Nutrition. 2018. Volume 1 (Issue 3). https://www.jexercisenutrition.com
- Jose Antonio, Alex Leaf, Cassandra Carson, Anya Ellerbroek, Tobin Silver, Corey A. Peacock, Pete Bommarito, Sarah Knafo, Jaime Tartar. Bone mineral density in competitive athletes. Journal of Exercise and Nutrition. 2018. Vol 1(2). https://www.jexercisenutrition.com
- Jose Antonio, Alex Leaf, Cassandra Carson, Anya Ellerbroek, Cara Axelrod, Tobin Silver, Victoria Burgess Corey A. Peacock. The effects of probiotic supplementation in active men and women. Journal of Exercise and Nutrition. 2018. Volume 1 (issue 4). https://www.jexercisenutrition.com
- Chad M. Kerksick, Colin D. Wilborn, Michael D. Roberts, Abbie Smith-Ryan, Susan M. Kleiner, Ralf Jäger, Rick Collins, Mathew Cooke, Jaci N. Davis, Elfego Galvan, Mike Greenwood, Lonnie M. Lowery, Robert Wildman, Jose Antonio and Richard B. Kreider. ISSN exercise & sports nutrition review update: research & recommendations. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. August 2018. https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-018-0242-y
- Jose Antonio, Sarah Knafo, Ritishka Kapoor, Jaime Tartar. A fat mass and obesity-associated gene polymorphism influences fat mass in exercise-trained individuals. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2018 Aug 8;15(1):40. https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-018-0246-7
- Jose Antonio, Anya Ellerbroek, Cassandra Evans, Tobin Silver, Corey Peacock. High protein consumption in trained women: bad to the bone? JISSN. 2018. 15:6 https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-018-0210-6
- Jose Antonio, Anya Ellerbroek, Cassandra Carson. The effects of a high-protein diet on bone mineral density in exercise-trained women: a 1-year investigation. J Funct. Morphol. Kinesiol. 2018 3(4), 62. https://www.mdpi.com/2411-5142/3/4/62
- Harry P. Cintineo, Michelle A. Arent, Jose Antonio, Shawn M. Arent. Effects of protein supplementation on performance and recovery in resistance and endurance training. Frontiers in Nutrition. September 2018. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnut.2018.00083/abstract
- Anya Ellerbroek, Jose Antonio – The effects of a pre-workout supplement on strength, endurance, and mood. Internet Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practice. 17:1, 2018. https://nsuworks.nova.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1764&context=ijahsp
- Jaime Tartar, Sebastien Salzmann, Roodelyne Pierrelus, Jose Antonio. Acute aerobic exercise decreases a neurophysiological response to emotionally negative stimuli. 2018. Vol 1, issue 5. Journal of Exercise and Nutrition. https://www.jexercisenutrition.com/
- Jose Antonio, Corey Peacock, Cassandra Carson, Anya Ellerbroek, Pete Bommarito, Tobin Silver. Training for the NFL Combine: body composition alterations. 1(4), 2018. https://www.jexercisenutrition.com/
- Justin Roberts, PhD; Liam Beasley; Lee Smith; Jose Antonio; Dan Gordon; James Johnstone. The effect of two β-alanine dosing strategies on 30-minute rowing performance: a randomized, controlled trial. JISSN 2018. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/s12970-018-0266-3
- Luis Miguel López-González, MSc; Antonio Jesús Sanchez-Oliver, Ph.D.; Fernando Mata, MSc; Pablo Jodra, PhD; Jose Antonio, PhD; Raúl Domínguez, PhD. Acute caffeine supplementation in combat sports: a systematic review. JISSN. 2018. https://link.springer.com/journal/12970
- Jose Antonio, Victoria Burgess, Pete Bommarito, Cara Axelrod, Cassandra Carson, Anya Ellerbroek, Tobin Silver, Corey Peacock. Body composition assessment of NFL Combine athletes: DXA, BIS and Bod Pod. Journal of Exercise and Nutrition. 1:5, 2018. https://www.jexercisenutrition.com
Lia Jiannine PhD
- Lia Jiannine. An investigation of the relationship between physical fitness, self-concept, and sexual functioning. Journal of Education and Health Promotion. June 27, 2018.
- Lia Jiannine, Thomas G. Reio. An exploration of the relationship between handgrip, VO2max and sensation-seeking behavior. Journal of Exercise and Nutrition. 2018, volume 1. https://www.jexercisenutrition.com
- Lia Jiannine, Thomas G. Reio. The physiological and psychological effects of exercise on sexual functioning: a literature review for adult health professionals. New Horizons in Adult Education & Human Resource Development. 20(2), 3-22, 2018.
Monique Mokha PhD ATC
- Monique Mokha, Dustin Gatens. Hip and pelvis biomechanics during running as risk factors in injury in collegiate runners: a prospective study. 2018, 1(4). https://www.jexercisenutrition.com
- Christopher Horn, Daniel Klahr, Monique Mokha, Corey Peacock, Jose Antonio, Pete Bommarito. Relationship of reactive strength and body composition in elite American football players. 36th Conference of the International Society of Biomechanics in Sports, Auckland, New Zealand, September 10-14, 2018.
- Ian McQuate, Monique Mokha. Gait pathomechics as differentiators of performance in collegiate distance runners: a team case analysis. 36th Conference of the International Society of Biomechanics in Sports, Auckland, New Zealand, September 10-14, 2018.
- Monique Mokha, Corey Peacock, Pete Bommarito. Contact time, flight time and ground reaction forces during a controlled running trial of elite American football players. 36th Conference of the International Society of Biomechanics in Sports, Auckland, New Zealand, September 10-14, 2018.
- Scott W. Cheatham, Morey J. Kolber, Monique Mokha, William J. Hanney. Concurrent validation of pressure pain threshold scale for individuals with myofascial pain syndrome and fibromyalgia. Journal of Manual & Manipulative Therapy. 26:1, 25-35, 2018.
- Scott W. Cheatham, Morey J. Kolber, G. Monique Mokha, William J. Hanney. Concurrent validity of pain scales in individuals with myofascial pain and fibromyalgia. Journal of Bodywork & Movement Therapies. 22 (2018): 355-360.
Corey Peacock PhD
- Peacock CA, Sanders GJ, Antonio J, Silver TA. The Reporting of a Multifaceted Mixed Martial Arts Strength and Conditioning Program. JEPonline 2018;21(1):86-90 https://www.asep.org/asep/asep/JEPonlineFEBRUARY2018_Peacock.pdf
- Peacock CA, Mauricio Mena, Gabriel Sanders, Tobin Silver, Douglas Kalman, Jose Antonio. Sleep data, physical performance and injuries in professional mixed martial arts. Sports. 2018. Dec 20;7(1) https://www.mdpi.com/2075-4663/7/1/1
- Sanders, G., Boos, B., Shipley, F., Peacock, C. (2018). Bilateral Asymmetries in Ultrasound Assessments of the Rectus Femoris throughout an NCAA Division I Volleyball Preseason. MDPI Sports, 6(3), 94. http://www.mdpi.com/journal/sports
- Sanders, G., Roll, B., Peacock, C. (2018). Maximum Movement Workloads and High-Intensity Workload Demands by Position in NCAA Division I Collegiate Football. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2018. May 2. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Maximum+Movement+Workloads+and+High-Intensity+Workload+Demands+by+Position+in+NCAA+Division+I+Collegiate+Football
- Doeringer, J., Colas, M., Peacock, C., Gatens, D. (2018). The Effects of Post-Exercise Cooling on Muscle Performance and Soreness Perception. International Journal of Athletic Therapy & Training, 23, 73-76.
- Sanders, G. S., Boos, B., Shipley, F., Scheleader, C., Peacock, C. (2018). An Accelerometer-Based Training Load Analysis to Assess Volleyball Performance. The Journal of Exercise and Nutrition, 1(1). https://www.jexercisenutrition.com/
- Peacock, C.A. Sanders, G.J. Data analysis in sports science. KDP. 2018. ISBN 10: 1718077580; ISBN-13: 978-1718077584. Chapter 10.
Tobin Silver PhD
- Tobin Silver, Anya Ellerbroek, Sarah Knafo, Corey A. Peacock, Jaime Tartar, Jose Antonio. High and low impact physical activity positively influences female bone density. Journal of Exercise and Nutrition. https://www.jexercisenutrition.com/