- BS in Physical Therapy from Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 1983
- MS in Musculoskeletal Physical Therapy from Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 1996
- DHS in Health Professions Education from Midwestern University, Downers Grove, Illinois 2014
- DPT, Transition Doctor of Physical Therapy from Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 2015
- Board Certified Pediatric Clinical Specialist (American Board of Physical Therapy Specialization)
- Credential Clinical Instructor APTA
- Early Steps (Florida)
- Early Intervention (Illinois)
- Interactive Metronome
- Systems IV: Applied Clinical Decision Making of Complex Patients
- The Business of Physical Therapy
- Capstone Advisor
- Motor Control Across the Lifespan: Normal Human Development and Development of Motor Control Unit (Lab Assistant)
Scholarly Activities and Interests
Dr. Ross is interested in clinical research in goal-oriented motor training and environmental enrichment intervention programs effectiveness on the motor outcomes of infants and children with movement dysfunction. Her educational research interests are in teaching and learning strategies to develop DPT students’ clinical reasoning skills and designing and implementing models for interprofessional education in distance learning healthcare professional programs.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Ross LM, Helminski JO. Test-retest and Interrater Reliability of the Video Head Impulse Test in the Pediatric Population. Otol Neurotol. Jun 2016;37(5):558-563.
- Ross LM, Helminski JO. Reliability and Precision of Video Head Impulse Test (VHIT) for Children. Neurology Section Poster Presentations 2015 Combined Sections Meeting. JNPT. 2015;39(1):70-81.
- Ross LM, Rogers M. The Effects of Age and Gender on Maximum Ground Reaction Force-Time Characteristics Produced During Standing Isometric Hip Abduction in Healthy Human Subjects. Neurology Report. 1996;20(4): 23
Peer Reviewed Scientific and Professional Presentations
- Ross L. Using Low Fidelity Human Simulation to Develop Clinical Reasoning Skills in DPT Students in the Intensive Care Unit. Poster Presentation at Nova Southeastern University Health Professions Educational Research Symposium. January 2017
- Ross L, Helminski J. Reliability and Precision of Video Head Impulse Test (vHIT) for Children. Poster Presentation at the American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting, Indianapolis, IN. February 2015
- Ross LM, Rogers M. The Effects of Age and Gender on Maximum Ground Reaction Force-Time Characteristics Produced During Standing Isometric Hip Abduction in Healthy Human Subjects. Platform Presentation at the American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting, Dallas TX. February 1997
Areas of Practice
Dr. Ross specializes in pediatric physical therapy. She had her own private practice in Chicago before moving to Tampa to teach at Nova Southeastern University. Currently, she provides physical therapy services at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital.
Professional Activity Summary
Dr. Ross has been an APTA member since 1984. She is a member of the Education and Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy sections of the APTA. She has been serving as a West Central District FPTA Assembly Representative since September 2016. Dr. Ross serves on the NSU College of Health Science Best Practice Committee for Interprofessional Education and Simulation and Standardized Patients.