The exercise and sport science program will:
- Meet standards and guidelines from governing organizations such as the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), and the National Strength and Conditioning Association;
- Prepare graduates to sit for professional certification examinations in exercise and fitness from the National Strength and Conditioning Association, American College of Sports Medicine, National Academy of Sports Medicine, and/or the American Council on Exercise;
- Prepare graduates for post-graduation placement in graduate school, a professional school, or entry-level employment within six months of completing the degree program;
- Develop competent scholars, researchers, physical activity, and sport specialists to meet the workforce needs of a global society;
- Prepare graduates to enhance delivery of physical activity, sport, and rehabilitative services for all segments of society, including special populations such as children and the elderly; persons with disability, injury, and disease; and athletes.
Exercise and Sport Science Major Curriculum