Occupational Therapy (MOT)
Our entry-level Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) program begins annually after Memorial Day. You may apply beginning July 1.
- Nova Southeastern University subscribes to the Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service, known as OTCAS. All applicants should apply on line between July 1 and February 1, using the OTCAS application at www.otcas.org. The OTCAS may take up to six weeks verifying supporting documents. Therefore, early application is highly recommended.
Send the following supporting documents directly to OTCAS at the address below:
- An official transcript from the registrar's office of all colleges and universities attended (mailed directly to OTCAS by the college or university)
- Three completed evaluations, on the required from provided by OTCAS, from individuals (other than relatives) such as academic instructors/professors, health professional, work supervisors, or volunteer supervisors (At least one completed evaluation from must be from an occupational therapist.)
P.O. BOX 9120
Watertown, MA 02471
phone (617) 612-2860
To ensure your application goes to the MOT program, be sure to select the Nova Southeastern university portal when completing your electronic OTCAS application form.
- Once the OTCAS application has been received by Nova Southeastern University, an e-mail with a link to the supplemental application will be sent to the applicant. Please follow the instructions to complete and submit the supplemental application along with a $50 non-refundable fee no later than March 1. All data submitted in support of this application become the property of the university and cannot be returned. It is your responsibility to inform the university of any changes in address or telephone number.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (less than five years from the date of matriculation) in all three areas of the general test (verbal, quantitative and analytical writing) must be submitted to Nova Southeastern University. The NSU Code is 5522 and the department code is 0618 to send the GRE scores.
- Three letters of references/recommendations from individuals (other than relatives) such as academic instructors and professors, health professionals, or volunteer or work supervisors are required. One reference must be from an occupational therapist. Evaluations should be submitted on forms within the OTCAS system.
- All applicants must complete a minimum of 40 volunteer hours in at least two different OT practice settings. Some of these environments include hospitals, clinics, and private practices with a variety of populations. Forms for submission will be available within the OTCAS system.
- Upon receipt of all materials from OTCAS, the supplemental application, and applicable fees, the Committee on Admissions will contact selected applicants with instructions for submission of a video essay, as the program is no longer conducting interviews. An invitation to submit a video essay should not be construed by the applicant as evidence of acceptance. Notice of acceptance or other action by the Committee on Admissions will be on a "rolling" or periodic schedule. Early completion of the application is therefore, in the best interest of the student.
Matriculating students should be aware that a felony conviction may affect a graduate's ability to sit for the NBCOT certification examination or attain state licensure.
Policy of Non-Discrimination
Nova Southeastern University admits students of any race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, nondisqualifying disability, religion, or national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school, and does not discriminate in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.